DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Building Impact is searching for a self-driven hard working individual who wants to make a positive impact on the Greater Boston community and beyond! You will work closely with members of both the Nonprofit Programs Team and Growth, Strategy & Innovation Team to help market our volunteering opportunities and showcase the positive impact our corporate partners are making in the community. This internship will help you gain valuable design, event planning, marketing, and communication experience.
Building Impact Overview:
Building Impact’s mission is to strengthen communities by empowering individuals and companies with the opportunity to volunteer, donate, and connect with high impact, local nonprofits working on critical social issues.
We currently reach over 20,000 people in 700 companies across the country. Our approach is unique: we listen to nonprofit needs, co-designing volunteer projects to serve the mission, and measure the outcomes of volunteer teams. Our organization pivoted during Covid-19, launching an innovative and impactful virtual volunteer model. As the world slowly resumes in-person activities, we are constantly innovating around how we best work with our partners. It is an exciting time to join our team!
Position Description and Scope of Work:
Are you excited to work in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have a great eye for designing graphics and an interest in nonprofit operations? Are you looking to strengthen your public speaking skills and grow your network in both the nonprofit and for profit ecosystems? If so, apply for our internship program today, and become an integral part of our team!
This intern will provide support in the following areas:
Communications (50% of the time):
- Design clear, engaging graphic communications for digital and print
- Including, but not limited to branded promotional materials, posters, flyers, website and social media graphics, along with other marketing materials as needed.
- Assist with updating and maintaining Building Impact’s website.
- Collaborate on design and execution of email campaigns and newsletters.
- Support in the creation of impact reports to be sent to partner organizations after their volunteer event.
- Contribute to strategies for more effective audience engagement across digital channels
Virtual Event Support (30% of the time):
- Manage event supplies, including ordering and packaging of kits for delivery to nonprofit partners
- Facilitate 30-min long virtual volunteering events for groups of 10-20 corporate volunteers
- Research nonprofit partner organizations and develop informational resources about their volunteer opportunities and current needs
- Maintain and monitor virtual volunteering dashboards in Google Suite
Administrative Support (20% of the time):
- Assist with data management
- Manage inventory of supplies
- Respond to volunteer inquiries
- Ad-hoc projects/events
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Passion for Building Impact’s mission of community engagement
- Has a growth mindset: high achiever, willingness to learn, accept new challenges and improvement-oriented
- Highly organized and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of photo and graphic editing applications such as Canva
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times across a variety of business sectors
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, HubSpot, Adobe Illustrator, or After Effects is a plus
- Experience with public speaking and event facilitation is a plus
- Candidates can start anytime in August or September
- Flexible start/end dates – can accommodate an academic or work schedule
- 10 hours per week minimum, 15 preferred
- Highly preferred times are Tuesday-Friday between 11am-4 pm.
- Note: This is an unpaid position (internship for college credit, reference and portfolio growth)
How to Apply:
- Send resume and cover letter to Emily at email@example.com
- Include “First & Last name: Marketing Internship Application” in the email subject line
- Include in your cover letter your specific availability (please note: 10 hours per week minimum, with highly preferred work schedule between Tuesday-Friday 11am-4pm)
- Hiring is on a rolling basis.
Office Address: 93 Summer St., 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110 (This is a hybrid internship, ability to come into the office at least one time a week is highly preferred.)